Date: Sept 17, 2021
Dear valued clients,
As you are aware, our region is seeing increased cases of COVID-19, and as a result more stringent pandemic response measures have been put in place by our government.
To ensure that we follow these new controls, our veterinary practice is returning to limited clinic access as well as drop off appointments with communications being over the phone or through a protective shield.
The details of this protocol are outlined below:
1. Clients are allowed only in the reception area, limited to 3 clients in at once, and 1 client in our cubicle. No clients will be allowed in the exam rooms with their pet at this time unless under special circumstances.
2. Pets MUST be in a carrier or in a proper fitting harness and leash. Aggressive dogs must arrived with a proper fitting muzzle. If you do not have any of these please ask for them.
3. You must remain in your vehicle, or at least 6 feet away from our doors, while we treat your pet unless instructed otherwise.
4. You must have a phone with you at your appointment so that we can contact you about your pet. If we cannot contact you and obtain consent to treat your pet, your appointment will be delayed, which will delay others.
5. Unfortunately, only 1 person will be allowed in the exam room for attended euthanasias.
6. Please allow up to 72 hours for your medications to be refilled, as well as messages to be returned by your veterinarian.
7. If you are exempt from wearing a mask, we won't know that until you come to the front desk to inform us. It is standard that our staff members ask everyone to wear a mask. Please do not be offended by this. We will find another way to accommodate you and your pet.
Our number one priority is client and staff safety while your pet continues to receive the care they deserve.
With this system, we hope to provide our medical services without compromising the health and safety of our dedicated team members.
With that in mind we thank you for your kindness and patience with us in advance as these circumstances place added responsibilities and stress on all of us.
These measures are temporary and we will reassess as new information is released. Please keep a lookout for any further updates from our team.
Together we can all help stop the spread of COVID-19.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call us at 780-444-1324.
Please note that we are receiving more calls than usual. We apologize for any delays that you might experience when reaching out to us.- The Team at Parkwest Pet Clinic.